Brexit Information for Egencia’s Clients
Egencia would like to provide information about — and prepare our clients and their travellers for — travel between the U.K. and EU after Brexit.
Last updated: September 20, 2021
Your Service Agreement with Egencia
- Do we need to sign a new agreement with Egencia?
No. We do not foresee the need to recontract with our clients.
- Do we need to adjust/amend the terms of our existing agreement with Egencia?
No. We do not foresee the need to adjust or amend the terms of existing agreements with our clients.
- What about the data protection terms of our agreement with Egencia? Does Brexit affect them?
- Egencia takes data privacy and security very seriously and is actively monitoring the Brexit situation.
- U.K. businesses and organizations will still need to be compliant with data protection law.
- There will be no immediate change to the U.K.’s data protection standards. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will be brought into UK law and the information commissioner would remain the U.K.’s independent supervisory authority on data protection.
- Egencia has already implemented GDPR within its organization and updated any necessary contractual requirements regarding personal data transfers, so there is no need to amend the current data protection terms of agreements with our clients.
- If you would like more information about Egencia’s data protection and privacy position in general, please see our client FAQ’s, accessible in English, French and German:
- Further Information.
Egencia, as part of the Expedia Group, has worked closely with the U.K. government and European Commission on monitoring and understanding the effects of Brexit on travellers and the travel industry in general. You can find pertinent information for your travellers at the following links. Please feel free to share this information within your organization.
The information provided is for general guidance and may be updated from time to time in light of official travel guidelines.
We strongly recommend checking the latest government advice before you travel — from both the country you’re departing from and the country you’re travelling to. Government advice is frequently updated, so please remember to check it every time you travel.
Please note that the information provided is not a substitute for and does not constitute legal advice.